Saturday, October 25, 2008

Keeping myself happy

This week has pretty much been a punch in the face for me. I wish I had something more meaningful going on in my life besides studying. Especially because it seems like studying is not paying off that well. I'm already counting down the weeks until the semester ends. Although it's technically in six weeks (not including finals time), I subtract three weeks: Veteran's day week, Thanksgiving week, and the last week before finals. So in my mind, I have three weeks of school left! It's just going to feel like three very long weeks.

I guess I need to focus on the few good things going on in my life

1) I downloaded this super happy song!



Listening to this and Lenka's "The Show," which Danny sent to me, makes me FEEL happier, if only for three minutes at a time. I just found that fan video, which combines my new favorite song and one the shows I watch, Life! I guess it's better than staring at a picture. Sometimes my roommate Jon whistles along to my songs which always makes me happy for some reason. HAHA

2) If I stopped eating for two days, I'd probably be at my desired weight.
Not that I plan on doing it, but it's nice to know that I'm ALMOSTTT there!

3) After this semester, I will be taking ONLY FUN classes
And by fun, I mean finance, managerial accounting, intermediate accounting, advanced accounting, auditing, and federal income tax classes! They are all classes that are basically study and get the grade, no class participation needed, and hopefully no stupid presentations. It only took me five semesters to get to this point, but FINALLY. Classes that actually have a direct connection to my career.

4) Socal for Veteran's Day!
How fun. I really enjoy visiting SD. Generally because it actually feels like a vacation to me. My family doesn't go on vacations, and if I did go on vacations with them, it would probably be more painful than relaxing. Planning outings with TMV to Lake Tahoe or whatever is kind of stressful sometimes, since I have to figure out logistics and everything. But going to SD is like, figure out the dates, and then just go! I always have lots of fun, especially because Connie is such a good host! HAHA I am excited already

5) Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Hummus
SOOOO GOOD. I've been eating it for breakfast for the past three days.

No comments: