Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Here's what men and women do"

At an Ernst and Young Panel about Women in Business:

"When men make a mistake, they like to pick it up with one hand, look at it, and think 'that was a good one.' And then they throw it over their shoulder. When women make a mistake, they like to pick it up with both hands, stare at it, analyze it, think about it ... and then they put it in a bag and then throw it over their shoulder and lug it around."

Ernst and Young has the distinction of being one of the best places for women to work in, especially for working mothers. A lot of panelists today were talking about how nice it is to work for a company that allows them to have flexible work schedules. But I wonder what I should be looking for, as someone who does not plan on having a family and will probably be committing most of my life to work. HAHA

Apparently to blow off steam after busy season, January-March, most people take their vacation time in April. So I say, mark your calendars in April for some Meltang time! Maybe I will be making my rounds to all the TMVers whereever they may be, two years from now. Now that I think about it, most of them will probably still be in school.

It seems kind of ridiculous to plan ahead, especially since I'm very doubtful about my ability to land an internship at a Big Four. But a large percentage of people go to different countries for rotations. I kind of hope I have the opportunity to live somewhere outside of the US (but in an English speaking country, hopefully!). I never wanted to study abroad, but working abroad seems like it would be more fun. Also, seeing Robin of How I Met Your Mother get transferred to Japan kind of glamorizes the idea.

I'm super tired but I didn't do very much besides go to class today. I read some of my Warren Buffet biography. I knew nothing about the guy before today, besides the fact that he is ridiculously rich, still frugal, and is like the God of investments. So far, I'm only at his college years, and I feel like I'm reading the biography of someone totally different from what I expected. It seems like his life is out of a movie. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warren Buffet is amazing.