Friday, October 3, 2008

Tired and unsatisfied

I think this "exercise twice a day and eat nothing but cereal, fruit and poorly cooked vegetables" plan is not working very well. HAHA

I had the most difficult time swimming today. I jumped in the pool at 7:45pm and after four laps, I wanted to leave. I don't think today was a good exercise day. I woke up at 7am and immediately started studying for microeconomics, so I feel good about that. But because of that, I didn't go to the gym in the morning. Not that I wanted to. My upper body is kind of sore, I don't know if it's from doing weights (finally!) or overswimming yesterday. I kind of like the feeling of sore muscles - it makes me feel like I'm actually progressing in my quest for fitness.

So I tried swimming but by lap 12 I had decided to swim 50 laps instead of my usual 100. By lap 30 I wanted to leave, and was already fantasizing about the food that I would eat when I got home. By lap 40 I was thinking that instead of cooking, I would just buy a delicious, giant Calzone from Gypsys. Luckily by lap 50, I realized how pissed off I would be the next morning if I had only done 50 laps and went out and spent $7 on a fatty late dinner. So instead I went home and made pasta (and while waiting for water to boil, I unfortunately drank a cup of hot chocolate and ate a small tofutti ice cream sandwich). But now that's done and I ate a bowl of grapes and now I'm getting ready to finish studying microeconomics. I'm super tired though, so who knows how that will work out.

My microeconomics review session was less than helpful. I left early, which is something I very rarely do. I don't really understand all the concepts and some problems, but I can tell that I am a lot better off than some people who were asking about basic concepts. I felt like I was the only person in the room who had actually looked at the practice problems beforehand. I don't think the test is curved though.

So I'm going to reinstate my old study habits, which consisted of looking over hw problems and notes like 4x until I can recite them in my head, and asking GSIs how to do every problem, wheter or not I think it's important. So today is more microeconomics studying, tomorrow is accounting studying, and Sunday is preparing for next week's hw. I'm just sad that even if I get straight A's this semester, my GPA will only go up like .04 points, if I did the math correctly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't exercise 2x a day, or at least it has to be DIFFERENT exercises. you can really really hurt yourself, as in sprain/pull a muscle/tendon. i'm being serious too. so if you say, do strength training: weights one time of the day, then you should do LIGHT CARDIO (not 1000 laps in the pool) or just stretching n stuff. so please do not do that. and IF YOU EXERCISE MORE YOU HAVE TO EAT MORE OR YOUR BODY WILL EAT YOUR ORGANS FOR NUTRIENTS AND HELLOOO CANCER. lol goddamnit melly... good thing you are studying.