Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two Parties

I'm FREAKING tired but I'm tired of always seeing the same post when I look at my blog, so I'm going to post. Today I woke up early to go to crew practice but we freaking didn't have enough drivers so after sitting around for half an hour, I went home. Then I went to the gym. Then I cleaned my apartment. Which:

I AM PRETTY DISGUSTED to have had to clean URINE off the toilet bowl. It is for sure not MY urine because as a woman, I sit on the seat. But I can't really go up to either guy and be like WHO FUCKING PEED ON THE TOILET because it might not even be theirs. UGH! Otherwise, I don't really mind cleaning the other things.

Then I ... ate with my niece! HAHA she was wearing boots and I made her walk from my apartment to Gregoire's, on north side. She really liked it though, and had never been there so yay! Every time we eat together, we always say "OMG WE HAVE TO EAT HERE AND HERE AND HERE" and when we finally DO get together, it's always like "uhh... where are we going? I don't know. Let's just go to Asian Ghetto" HAHA so right now I'm going to my yelp account and bookmarking stuff.

Went home and attempted to study but ended up napping on my couch. I woke up and felt terrible. HAHA But then I called Paulo and I was ABOUT to go over to his place, but decided to check Rasputin for movies. I told him I would take at most half an hour - I think I ended up staying in there for like 90 minutes. HEHEHE I spent $18.11 on eight cds and a Wicker Park dvd. I REALLY wish that Schuyler Fisk and Lady Danville would come out with a real CD, but they haven't, so I just keep playing their myspace player. I'm SO CRUSHED that I can't go to Schuyler Fisk's concert! It just happens to be during the weekend I'm going down to SoCal, except I have to be 21 to get in! The Hotel Cafe seems to have a very impressive music schedule - I hope to go there when I'm of age :(

When I finally bought everything I wanted, I walked to Paulo's. Watched some youtube with friends and then ate the DELICIOUS pasta that Paulo and Brian made. MMM so good. It is Filipino I think. It had ground beef, tomato sauce, mushrooms, hot dogs, and ketchup. Once last year Paulo went home and brought back some especially for me, and I thought it was amazing. I kind of want to try making it. We spent the dinner talking about things which was very fun. Brian left to go to a party but Paulo and I watched Friends. Now I want the complete series! It comes in a very cool dvd box where the dvds are arranged in a way that shows how each character aged each year. It's pretty cool to go through.

Then we met up with Brian to go to a party. It was gross and humid and hot. My glasses immediately fogged up when I was like three feet from the door. I could not really stand to drink the alcohol and the party was SOOOO ... ASIAN. I felt like it was a high school party. We left to go to a co-op that Brian loves to go to. Before going in, he was like "please don't judge me." So it was somewhat a warning.

The co-op was the MOST BIZARRE THING EVER. Especially after coming out of a houseparty full of asians. Here, it was ALL white people, very hippie like, a lot of them close to naked, a lot of them seemed gay. IT WAS SOOO WEIRD. Paulo was very uncomfortable, but oddly I felt more comfortable there than the Asian party. Paulo and I left pretty quickly and we were talking about it. And I guess he said something that made me realize why I like white people so much and why I feel so uncomfortable around a lot of Asians.

Asians JUDGE. I guess I didn't REALLY notice this until I went to these two parties back to back, but it's so true! When I went to the Asian party it felt like the second I stepped in, everyone is looking at you and sizing you up and comparing you. And this is so true in like EVERY situation with a group of Asians. But at the co-op, people just don't care and either just glance at you or just carry on with their lives.

Something is wrong with my stupid laptop and there is no sound playing. I will solve this problem by going to sleep. OMGGG I have so much work tomorrow but instead I will be playing football and having a picnic on Memorial Glade with friends. RAHHHHHH I FEEL MY GPA DROPPING AS I TYPE!

No comments: