Monday, September 15, 2008

Account of my day

Goal for the day:
Wake up. Stay up. Sleep at a regular time

3:54 - Wtf. Why am I up half an hour before I'm supposed to wake up?
4:26 - I guess I might as well wake up now
Crew practice! I actually got to go on the 8s today. I was #5, which makes me at the stern, starboard side. Our coach gave us the option of choosing which side to sit on, but I didn't know which was which so she just assigned me. Turns out that I love being #5! I like how #5 sets the boat and how I'm not at the end, so I don't usually have to set the stroke.


There was one girl who did not know how to set the boat, which means balancing the boat. If you're on starboard side, that means you keep your oar flat on the water. She was totally not paying attention and would keep lifting her oar up, and I felt like the boat was about to tip over. The girl behind me started going "set the boat! Set the boat!" but very softly so I thought she was referring to me. When we finally got off, I was like "were you talking to me? Because I thought I was setting it" and she was like "oh no, I meant that girl in the front." So we bonded over how terrified we were of flipping over. SERIOUSLY that girl needs to LEARN.
7:15 - Got back home. I check my e-mail and realize that there is homework due in accounting. I'm borrowing a friend's old textbook, so I have to periodically go to the library and copy the homework problems. It saves me $180, but it also costs me like half an hour every week when I have to type out the problems.
7:50 - I get to the Haas Library, which is where I started this blog. I guess I just used up five of my minutes. Time to start this damn homework. I have class at 10, so I want to type out as many weeks of homwork as I can, and then head off to class. I hope I don't fall asleep. I'm excited to be able to listen to the eight cds I bought over the weekend. So far, I really like my Stefy and Kevin Devine cd, and Heather Nova was a disappointment.
8:24 - My hands hurt a lot from typing. I am already sleepy
9:04 - I finished typing up the next month's worth of hw. Sigh
9:56 - FINE. I took a twenty minute nap. I didn't even feel like it did anything. Off to class
1:34 - I got off of class at 11:00, and I don't know HOW I managed to not do ANY work. In the two hours since, I did a bunch of little things. Like deleting old e-mails, selling some sweatshirts, buying my plane ticket for winter break, and eating. Now I have thirty minutes before I have to do interviews for my club. ARGH. I just want to call up everyone and be like "NEVER MIND. YOU'RE IN IT. NO INTERVIEW REQUIRED." I also don't know why I keep typing this since the whole point was to chronicle my day of waking up at 4:30 and never napping. However, I napped about five hours after I woke up. SO WHAT IS THE POINT?! I just chewed part of a grape stem. How smart of me.
5:42 - I'm very tired. I got back from interviews a little while ago. Came home and ate toast with cheese and some chinese bun thing. I just want to sleep. But I must either a) swim b) do hw c) watch a football game at Caroline's. My back kind of hurts ... maybe rowing is working its magic. Or maybe I'm just old. I WISH I COULD SLEEP BUT MY TO DO LIST TELLS ME OTHERWISE
8:39 - ARGH I just came back from swimming and only did 30 minutes/60 laps. LKDFKLJDSF My body is so tired now, I don't even know why. I ate dinner with Chrystal yesterday and I don't know how it came up, but she was telling me how she told a friend I joined crew and the person was like "that's intense. Your friend is going to hate it" and Chrystal was like "I don't think so! She likes to wake up early and she goes to the gym twice a day" (which is not so true anymore). And the friend was like "wow she must be really fit" and Chrystal said "actually, not really" and she was like "what?! How can she exercise so much and not be fit?" and Chrystal was like "I don't know!"

That is the conversation Chrystal told me, more or less. Oh, I realize now this conversation came about because I was talking about how terrible I was at football. Well, after her story, I have since been wondering all day why I am so fat despite working out. I feel like I don't really eat that much ... and if everyone says "just walk 30 minutes day!" then you'd think my walking around campus PLUS working out would be more than enough. I don't know. I'm getting very disheartened about all my efforts.

9:37 - Ok, I was supposed to do hw an hour ago. I ended up talking to someone online, but that was worth it. Then I ended up looking for youtube videos of Veronica Mars, and now Caroline just called me and I guess I'm going to go over, eat her cinnamon cake, and watch sportscenter with her. So ... I think this is going to be my day. Yay ...

Goal of the day, analyzed:
Wake up - success
Stay up - fail. Two naps, one 20 minute nap and one 40 minute nap
Sleep at a regular time - fail. Considering it's 9:40 pm, I've done virtually no homework, and I'm about go out and play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol i'm not emulating you anymore. :D