Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sitting around at the gym

My Comcast is down for some unknown reason. I just came home to find that I had been kicked off, only this time, I wasn't able to reconnect. I get really pissed off at the idea that I pay so much for Comcast but it's still unreliable. Why is it that in Arcadia, I have absolutely zero problems with my internet, but when I come to Berkeley, people act like getting disconnected or terrible service is something to be expected? I get unreasonably angry when technology fails me, and I'm getting older which means I'm probably more prone to pick up the phone and just start cursing at the poor, unfortunate person who works for whatever company has angered me so.

So instead, I took my laptop to the gym. I only swam 30 minutes today, but my body was oddly incredibly tired. I feel kind of loserish to be blogging at the gym. It's pretty clear what I'm doing. Tomorrow I'm going on another RCSA retreat, this time to Pismo Beach. Pismo Beach is amazing - after going last year, I've always wanted to rent a beach house with TMV. But after asking a few people, most people say they'd rather spend money on a ski cabin or something. I really didn't want to go to this retreat, but now that my internet is down, I guess it's good that I won't be in my apartment all weekend. I just have to go home and study everything.

I feel like I'm very behind in my coursework. I already don't understand microeconomics. My GSI has an Indian accent, and for an entire lecture I thought he was talking about "intelligence curves" and I was confused as to why there would be intelligence curves in Economics. A week later my professor gave a lecture and I realized that I had actually been learning about "indifference curves." I couldn't tell you what these are though - I know how to draw them, but I have no idea what they are used for ... which is probably something I should learn soon.

I have yet to make a REAL, REAL meal. I'll ... wait until another day. ARGH! I was supposed to go to 99 Ranch by today - they are selling 2 bags of rice for $25. My apartment mate said he would take me ... but he did not. I forgot myself, but I can tell that he forgot too. He is very unreliable. He's ... okay. But he also said that he had a lot of problems with his apartmentmates last year, and I kind of think that he's not completely innocent from fault. He has a lot of annoying habits, but they might only be annoying to me because I'm a control freak and I like things done in a timely manner. Also, now I understand why my mom would get so pissed off when she came home, said hello, and no one said anything.

I feel like there is ... something important I want to blog about but every time I sit down to blog, I don't know what it is.

I really want it to be my birthday so I can go home. This year is going to go by painfully slowly, because I'm already in the mindset that I'm a senior. I keep imagining what I want to do in my last year at school, so it'll surprise me when the year ends and I realize ... I'm a JUNIOR! I've planned out the next two semesters and as long as I get all the classes I want, then my graduation plan will go smoothly. I really hope none of my classes conflict or else I'm really fucked. If I had thought about graduating early, I would have taken two additional classes in the summer (making four total, meaning my summer would have been HELL), and then I would be able to take more classes now, leaving my last year more flexible. Alas, I didn't think I would want to graduate early, so whatever.

I think I will go back to my apartment now. I'm very reluctant because I don't want to go home, just to realize that I need to look for something on the web. The world needs free wireless internet. Like in S. Korea, I think.

I registered to vote but my thing hasn't come in the mail yet and it said 7-10 days. I also sent in my broken camera to Canon but I haven't heard anything yet. I hope some fucker didn't break into my envelope. There are a lot of headlines praising Palin and they were all written in a way that made me watch her speech. I only watched 2/5 though, and then I got really tired and just stopped. But I never watch ANYTHING political, so that's pretty good. But I wonder how many of the news outlets I use are owned by News Corp, which has more of a right slant.

This is such a random collection of thoughts. I keep staring at people in the reflection of the window. I would like to go home and eat a greasy sandwich. But instead, I think I will wash myself a plate of spinach and cut a pear for myself.

Last thought! Brian is coming to the gym so I have to entertain myself until he gets here. Then I will say hello to him, then leave. HAHA So I am thinking of joining the crew team here. I went to the info meeting and I have intended to go to practices but somehow I have not. Today I even dressed up for it, but I couldn't freaking find it! I now realize that if I had just tried a little harder, I would have found the place. But it was hot and at a certain point I was like "eh I'm just going to walk to Caroline's place." The info meeting was filled with thin white girls ... so it was kind of intimidating. But the girls on the team all look extremely nice and more importantly, EXTREMELY FIT AND PROPORTIONAL! If I can get a body like theirs, I would be incredibly happy. It is like my only goal in life, besides making a living and buying awesome things. They all have good tans too. And wear makeup very well. Maybe I can get makeup tips from them one day. So I really do plan to go to practices. Unfortunately the next ones are morning practices at FIVE AM IN THE MORNING. So in the next three days I have to wake up increasingly earlier and earlier until I get used to it. I already know I will fail.

But yes! This was one of the things I wanted to do in college. Other than join Crew and Get into Haas, I don't think there was anything else.

Somehow this blog entry turned SUPER LONG. I don't know what happened. It was quite short before. Cool points if you read all of this! Although I guess you might be bored and sitting at home, which would explain it.

3 comments:

coonie said...

then i get cool points. at sd, all sports start practice at 5 am. we have a crew team too. :D are you really going to join?

jackie said...

yay cool points. i bumped into brian in the weights room and he said "you missed mel by minutes! " :( it was the second time i was at the rsf too! hope school's going well, this still doesn't feel real ahaha

Anonymous said...

crew team? lol shit...that's a way to get some ABS baby!!! lol you will have better/nicer abs that i will! crew team...is too white (for me), but, you like white people so :D more power to you. i hope you wake up early and put out in the practices. yes!! GO MELTANG!!!