Sunday, August 31, 2008

3.516

I heard that you need a minimum of a 3.5 GPA to even be considered for an internship at a Big 4, which sounds about right. Which means I should really start worrying about my grades. Instead I have this weird reaction where I just shut off my mind and spend hours browsing the internet and playing tetris. At least I finished a small percentage of my homework. I'm hoping to read more tonight, then go shopping (labor day sales, yay!), do more hw, and FINALLY GO FREAKING GYMMING tomorrow.

Other than that, I keep wanting to blog but I don't really know what to blog about. While I loved having TMV up in Berkeley, I don't think I'd be able to write a blow-by-blow account of all the delicious restaurants we ate at. I'm very happy that people got to eat at new restaurants and ate new foods that they hadn't had before. Too bad I wasn't able to take more pictures, but WHAT IF that was the reason why this trip was so particularly successful?! Maybe I shouldn't take so many pictures. And in a year I'll forget that this trip ever happened...

All other topics I'm thinking of have already been blogged about before - stressing about grades, panicking over not going to the gym, wondering about what I should do in the future. So it's not too interesting to go into detail for those. I talked to Li-Ting who also agreed that graduating early would not be a bad idea. That makes two perspectives that I put much faith in, Chrystal (my roommate who knows me better than I probably want anyone to know me), and Li-Ting (my friend who did stick around Berkeley while taking almost no classes and also knows me very well). I realized now that while doing whatever I want to do in that free semester, I can get started on studying for the CPA so I don't have to worry about it in that first year of work. Seems like a pretty good idea after all!

I'm in one of those "I want to CHANGE MY LIFE" moods. But changing my life requires money. Which I have spent way too much of. I wish I had a way of making money without needing to spend the time working for it. I don't mind working, but I don't want to take time away from potential study time.

I guess this was my blog about nothing. It's almost mooncake time! I'm so excited. I already bought a box of mooncakes, only $10 for six! AND it's ALL the flavors I love, PLUS they don't have any of that disgusting egg! Mooncake festival is my favorite holiday, I've realized. Even better than Christmas. Because mooncake is only sold at certain times of the year! MMM I already brushed my teeth, otherwise I would be scarfing one down right now.

I think I either need to write in my private diary or make a list - that is why I feel restless with writing but don't know what to write here.

List of threes (because I realize this today):

Foods I love to eat
1. Japanese
2. Korean
3. Thai

Mooncake flavors I love
1. RED BEAN
2. LOTUS
3. Date, but only if it must come in the box

Things I liked about today
1. The feeling of stepping on a recently mopped tile floor
2. Eating leftovers from yesterday's dinner, which I have never done before
3. Going to Costco with friends and filling the cart to the brim

No comments: