Monday, August 18, 2008

SECOND greatest (cleaning) invention ever!

After Henry's hateful comment about my swiffer mop, I'm hesitant to post about the
NEXT greatest invention ever. But I won't let that stop me.
God, that picture is huge.

Anyway, it's a HAND VAC! I can't believe I didn't have one of these before. You feel so powerful holding it in your hand! Mine is only 9.6 volt and there's one out there with 15 volt! And I saw one of those actual full sized vacuums were also 15 volt, so that must be pretty damn powerful. I vacummed my sofa, which made me feel SO relieved/disgusted. Relieved because now I actually feel like it's ok to sit on the sofa. And disgusted because there was a lot more dust than I thought on my sofa and I have been sitting on it for THREE WEEKS now

I'm super duper happy right now! Connie just called me and said TMV is coming up! HEHEHE. I am very excited. The most excited I have been all summer! I feel like I haven't prepared enough with restaurants to take them. ALSO have to gym to lose weight! I am way fatter than I would like and I don't think it's period bloating. :( I am sad that Frances will not be coming because I had looked forward to showing her around for a long time. But at least TWO people will be newbies!

I also just came back from dinner/Olympics watching at (Berkeley) Eric's apartment. I went to Caroline's yesterday to eat her homemade pizza which was incredible. I bought her a fruit tart as a homewarming gift/present for myself. It is THE MOST incredible tart I have EVER eaten. I first ate it at Angelica's birthday party, and I knew that from then on, I would always buy my birthday desserts at Andronico's. So yesterday was fun - Caroline's duplex is amazing but it's twice the price of mine, and when you say TWICE THE PRICE that's a pretty big jump.

Yeah so today - cleaned my apartment! It's like in the final few cleaning steps! I'm so excited. I probably would have finished today but went to Eric's instead. Caroline came, and I gave her the tour. It's funny because she is the first person to not go CRAZY over the living room/kitchen, and that's because her place is much awesomer. Walked over to Eric's where we ate his curry! I love going over to his apartment. They are such crazy great hosts. I just go, say my hellos, and then they shuttle me off to the television with an Orangina in my hand. Then Eric just slaves over the cooking and if you try to see what he's up to, he shoos you away. Watched some terribly boring pre-Olympic coverage (at this point I don't know what I would do without Olympics to watch). Then when Eric is finished cooking, we all join around the dining table. I realize now that Brian has very similar humor to Alvin's - it's very quick witted and funny. After dinner I did the dishes as my thank you to them and to ingratiate myself so they will keep inviting me! Because their food is delicious. And they always the sweetest cantaloupe EVER.

Then watched Olympics for about three hours. First time I ever watched trampoline, which was INSANE. We went home after though, and I missed the whole SCANDALOUS gymnastics segment.

So I guess when I do these MINUTE BY MINUTE blogs, it's usually when I'm excited and I just want to record my day. So here's some more thoughtful thoughts.

I feel very lucky to have friends who would make their THIRD road trip up to norcal in a single summer. And to have friends who would want to see me in the first place. I'm excited to BE excited about having friends over - to the point that I wish I could ditch my first week of classes just to hang out with them, but that would make my already crap ass GPA even lower. And I also feel very happy to have friends in Berkeley who have kick ass apartments and are willing to invite me over to just eat with them. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to the SF Farmer's Market with Caroline at like 8:30 in the morning. I love friends who wake up early! But I realized that I love having friends who wake up late, because it's nice to have that alone time to yourself. I can't believe tomorrow is already Tuesday. I have Wednesday, then Thursday free - then Friday-Sunday is retreat. Monday is another free day, then Tuesday-Sunday is TMV fun! Then more school, and then another retreat! Beginning of school is so packed. It gives me the false sense that I am quite an active student, when that's not true at all.

I should really go to sleep. But how can I sleep when I'm so HAPPY HAPPY! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol i don't HATE swifters...

HAND VAC and cleaning awesomeness. :] good job on cleaning. i like how excited you are in your entries. it makes me feel enthusiastic and excited as well. :)