Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I guess this is the future



HiLARious. I think the face she makes is exactly Hayden Panettiere.

Ok, so that was the impetus of this entry. I have had a lot to blog about, which I think about when I'm at work, but I'm also too tired to actually write it. I have to go swimming in about ten minutes too, and I can basically write two paragraphs in ten minutes.

Things I want to blog about:
1) Work
2) This sublet
3) What I want to do this summer

Let's see... I've already written the title, and that pertains to work. So I guess I'll write about that:

Work:

I love my job and I actually enjoy doing the same thing over and over again. There are not many people who would find this job interesting, since it's basically competing against yourself every hour. With each company I complete, I just have to finish the next one with less, if any, errors and in less time. And it's the same thing about eight times a day, then multiplied by every day I work there.

But, and I don't think this applies only to this particular job, but a FULL-TIME EIGHT HOUR job is FREAKING painful. I've looked forward to graduating and getting a job. Mainly because I want to know WHAT job I will have in the future and see how closely my future parallels my dreams. But if this is what a full-time job is, I don't see how people do it. My commute is only a five minute walk, I can wear tshirts and jeans and walk around the office in my socks, and today, some random band pulled up in a truck close to the office and just played old rocks songs for an hour (including a lovely rendition of "Hey Bush" set to "Hey Jude" which was actually very entertaining and very well sung, and very Berkeley-like). BUT. and I realize I've started many sentences with "but," I can NOT sit in an office chair for that long. I can NOT stare at a computer screen that long - even when I played Sims I come up for air after about five hours.

And everyday, I come home, go online for about an hour, get ready to go to the gym, swim, and when I return, I'm exhausted. I can't even do anything I want - and this is basically the schedule working people have. Only most adults I know have a commute from 30min-1hr, and they have to cook and take care of their homes when they return. HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS?!

I do think that my job requires much more concentration than most jobs. It's the same thing over and over, and you're looking at the same thing all day which takes a lot out of you. But I remember doing ONE full-shift at Souplantation (which is another really tiring job of being on your feet all day) and I remember being incredibly exhausted as well.

Out of all the people I know, I'm probably the one most eager to work. But AGH! I've really loved college life, but now I feel like I'm trying to cling onto something that's just slowly slipping away from me. At least I have a good idea of what to expect when I graduate.

Now, not only do I have to go swimming, but my bladder is about to explode. I'll blog tomorrow!

No comments: