Saturday, June 14, 2008

Getting back on the horse


Skip to :30!

I went to sleep at 2am and I woke up at 7:30. I guess I'm back to my regular sleeping pattern. The past week, I would go to sleep at 11pm and then wake up at 6am but stay in bed until 8:30 since I have work at 9. I kept wondering why I would wake up so early. And then I realize ... I was getting 9 hours of sleep! Which is about two more than I usually get. No wonder I kept waking up. My mind was unused to being in bed that long. I guess it's good - I haven't really fallen asleep at work. I thought it was because my work was interesting, but the office is hot, I eat huge lunches, and I'm sitting in a big comfy chair. It's a wonder that half my work hour isn't just me sleeping.

So I got up, opened my door ... and for the first time, I smelled FOOD in the sublet. Like, someone cooking food. 1) Yay, it feels slightly more homey now and 2) WHOA when exactly do people wake up around here? I honestly rarely see anyone walking around here, especially considering there should be about 50-60 people living in this fraternity right now. Maybe most of them haven't arrived (omg how much worse would it be when this house is at full capacity?!) but I always figured we had different schedules. I kind of assume I wake up the earliest, but then WHO IS MAKING BREAKFAST at 7AM?

Also, I went out last night and came back at 1am. It was a Friday night and I was expecting to be greeted by a rowdy party. Instead, the fraternity was completely quiet and most lights were turned off. DO PEOPLE here sleep at midnight or something? How strange and convenient for me. I thought I had been strengthening my sleeping behavior and becoming more able to sleep through noise. But maybe ... they just stop making noise around the time I sleep. I guess I won't even know until I befriend someone.

Now I really want to be friends with these people. But like many decisions I suddenly make about my life, this is not the time to implement them. It's time for Lake Tahoe! I'm dressed in gym clothes and I'm ready to go. I was planning on doing laundry when I return but I don't know now. If there are already people up, I bet the laundry machine is already in use. DARN! I just hope I have enough underwear.

No comments: