Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bonk

I wish I were reading a book that didn't have the words vagina, penis, clitoris, and orgasm in every sentence. I'm reading a book called "Bonk," which is kind of a science-y book that looks at how people have studied sex. The author is really hilarious and there are footnotes on every other page which are just an excuse for her to make funny side comments. But I only read for fun on the bart to and from work, and now I'm too paranoid that some stranger is going to glance at what I'm reading and think I'm some weird pervert. Which defeats one of the author's points, that there's nothing embarrassing about it. Still, I feel weird reading it in public, then I feel embarrassed to be embarrassed by it.

I should be reading my financial statement analysis textbook anyway. I'm so behind, ugh. I don't get pension plans at all. If I listed everything I don't understand about this class, it would look remarkably similar to the table of contents.

I wanted to make Yogurtland my #3 banned food, but that seems kind of pointless since I never loved frozen yogurt anyway, and if I did have a sweet craving, Yogurtland induces far less guilt than a serving of Yogurt Park or a scoop of Ici. Before Yogurtland ever came to Berkeley, I could easily say no to it, which is very rare for me to do in a group setting. But somehow, I've lost my resistance.

Things I eat, but if I thought about it carefully, I don't like them at all:
- donuts, they always leave my mouth feeling disgustingly oily
- cake, cookies, because they are never very satisfying and they leave me feeling like I have sugar face, which is what I call the sensation of eating too much sugar and feeling bloated and oily
- In N Out, only in the sense that I always feel really unhealthy afterwards and the taste isn't enough to compensate
- chocolate, seeing as how my mouth often erupts with canker sores after, I can't figure out why I continue to eat little bits of chocolate when they're put in front of me

Sleep time! God, I wasted so much of my time today, it makes me sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your "sugar face" term. it is a very accurate description of the feeling.