Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bing!

Everytime I see some advertisement for Bing, Microsoft's new search engine, a scene from Mean Girls pops in my head. The one where Regina George sharply says "Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen." That is what I think of Bing. Why does Microsoft even bother trying to make a competitive search engine? Who searches anything on msn.com?! I may leave msn.com as my homepage out of laziness and some enjoyment over having stupid articles greet me whenever I open my browser, but I would never actually use msn.com to take me somewhere else. Dumb.

I am super full. Yesterday I ate a crapload of sushi. I don't even know how many sushi roll and nigiri equivalents I ate. We ate at a sushi buffet in Newport Beach. I felt like I was in an episode of Laguna Beach. Seared salmon was incredible. I like Alvin's quote: "this dinner is either going to make us smarter or dumber."

I freaking ordered a textbook on amazon.com and stupidly sent it to my home address. I even paid more for express shipping! Of course, it has not come, and the post office is not going to be making deliveries today or tomorrow. I will be starting school without my textbook... boo

I could have sworn my summer school was MWF and Tuesday 8:00-11:00, but I checked it again and it's only MWF 8-10:30. Budget cuts? Or my own stupidity? In any case, I'm happy because I think I can more or less stick to my exercise schedule. Which is really the main contributor to my happiness about this summer. HAHA

BBQ now! It's deathly hot in Arcadia. I always wake up super early before it gets hot and I'm in SF before the sun really starts to shine in Berkeley. The only time I ever feel uncomfortably warm is the walk back from the bus stop to my apartment, and every day I'm like "UGH why is it so damn hot all of a sudden?!" Then I sit in my apartment and an hour later the sun goes down and I go swimming and it's cold again.

No comments: