Saturday, March 21, 2009

OMG SHOES

Several posts ago I wrote that I wanted a pair of Nine West shoes and my mom said I should wait until they go on sale. I said

It is a very classic look and I don't think it will ever go on sale. Which means I will never be able to buy the shoe.

Well, I went to the mall to pick up my free pair of Victoria Secret underwear yesterday (WHY do they keep sending this to us?! My mom and I can't figure it out. I think I have over 10 pairs of free VS underwear, which is like a $50 value) and we walked past Nine West and I asked to look in. I didn't expect the shoe to be on sale ... BUT IT WAS!

So I bought it! Yay. Now I'm going to buy more skinny leg pants so I phase out my uglier jeans. My mom also saw another pair of heels and said they looked cute and I asked apprehensively "would you buy me TWO pairs?" and she said "sure why not" and I was like OMG MUST BUY!!! HER DEFENSES ARE DOWN!

So I bought this too. Yay shoes! Oh fuck I just realized I don't have the luggage space to bring them to Berkeley. Ummmmmm maybe I'll have Alvin take my shoes back. Anyway. I like them! I wore them to SD. My feet really hurt when we were walking around Irvine Spectrum but there were no blisters, which is a good sign. And they look normal now. But why do shoes feel so comfortable in the store, and then once I get home, I'm like "oh. This kind of hurts." Trickery!

As we left Nine West, I told my mom that I had blogged about possibly never buying the shoe. She said "well today you can blog, 'I bought the shoe!' Good things come to those who wait." So thanks mom. $50 saved total! (Although if we had never gone to get our free VS underwear, we wouldn't have spent $104 that day).

I kept thinking of things to write about the VS underwear but then my parenthetical comment was getting ridiculously long. So now it has its own paragraph. Every time I come home, I can expect two things in my room: one VS free underwear card and one Ichima coupon. HAHA And every time my mom forces me to go to the mall to get the underwear I am like "UGHHH WHYY IT'S JUST UNDERWEAR" but then once I get it I'm very happy the rest of the day. My favorite style is boy shorts! I was going to post a picture of the boy shorts but the pictures from the Victoria's Secret website feature the women more prominently than the underwear so instead of posting a picture of some girl in lingerie, I'm just not going to post anything.

I always force my mom to buy the underwear because I am too embarassed to go to the counter with nothing except a pair of underwear and a coupon for free underwear. I pretended to be very interested in their new line of lotion when I suddenly heard my mom go "I'M SO SORRY I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY DAUGHTER!" Wondering what she could have possibly done to a complete stranger, I walked over and there was a very confused looking white woman and my mom going "this is my daughter!" and handed me the Nine West bag of shoes we had just purchased.

Apparently while in line, my mom assumed I was behind her and just silently handed my bag over to the woman. The woman didn't take it, probably confused as to why some random Asian lady was handing her a bag of shoes. My mom was about to turn around and scold "HOLD IT!" when she turned around and realized the woman was not her daughter. She said she was very thankful that I had come over, or the woman would have thought she was crazy. From the look on that woman's face, she probably still thought my mom was crazy.

I signed up for summer school today. Two accounting classes. DEATH!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my god! I also went to VS to claim my free underwear! I went yesterday night. We're awesome!

coonie said...

OHHH. I WENT TO THE MALL TODAY AND THOUGHT ABOUT THE FREE UNDERWEAR BUT I THOUGHT THE COUPON EXPIRED. I WILL CHECK AGAIN. i bought a green bra instead. or exchanged for one. see you tomorrow, knitter!