Thursday, March 19, 2009

TV Commercials

Yesterday I watched TV for the first time in like a month. And by TV, I mean, actually turning on the TV and sitting through commercials and not having the luxury of playing tetris during the slow parts. I think the last time I watched something on a big network station may have been the beginning of winter break. The "tv" in my apartment has really terrible reception and when I bought the converter box, I realized my TV is SO OLD it doesn't even have the red yellow white inputs! In the dorms, I had a cable that connected to something in the room to give me cable channels. I don't have that in my apartment. Do you know what I use to get reception? I stick a TWISTIE-TIE into one of the inputs and SOMEHOW I get like six channels.

So this semester, I never watched TV, unless it was being streamed from the internet. It's really weird to think that I can watch so much TV without actually owning a TV set. The only commercials I see are the ones on hulu which are vastly different from television commercials. Well, I was WAY more interested in the commercials last night than the actual programs. TV has changed SO MUCH. I feel like every other commercial had SOME mention of the state of the economy. OR it would reference the greedy management of large corporations. I feel so angry or depressed just watching commercials. They should at least have a balance of cute, happy light commercials, like Target ads or Apple ads.

I skipped the previous episode of Lost and never bothered watching it online. But I decided to watch yesterday night's episode anyway and I realized that if you want to be CONSTANTLY SURPRISED (as if you weren't already on Lost) you should just skip every other episode. Then you are immediately like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?! when the episode begins, rather than "oh yes, this is where we left off last time."

I woke up at like 7:30 today to go jogging and it was super foggy which was very cool. I then realized that people are still going to school so when I got to the track, there were all these high schoolers going out for PE. Well, I don't want to be the weirdo running around school grounds so I just jogged around the streets. Productive! It's now 9:30am and I'm kind of bored. I'm going to go to the library and read something. Maybe strike up a conversation with some of the retired white folk that sit at the library early mornings.

--------

Update: I ended up going TOO EARLY to the library. I had to stand outside for twenty minutes! I find that incredibly sad. There were like ten other people waiting too! Who knew the library was such a hip place to be at 10 in the morning?

Call me juvenile, but I think this is one of the most hilarious news clippings ever on Daily Show. I laughed out loud yesterday and I did again today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

twisty tie, maha! I would like this blog in live feed version, meaning let's hang out! Tell me when you get sick of the library (if that's possible!) and I'll come find you.