Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My New Foolproof Diet

I decided to go on another EXTREME diet after spring break. Well, not really extreme like starving myself midde-school style. More like, being more strict about what I eat and what I do, because I really think I have been fairly lax about these things this past year. I kind of vaguely remember feeling super confident in myself at some point in the year. Or was that sophomore year? I just remember a point in time when I was eager to go shopping. Nowadays, I wait before buying something, or I have to convince myself "hmm I don't think people will really notice my stomach bulge in this."

So my new foolproof diet, I don't even know why I didn't think of this sooner, is just not inviting people to go out to eat. This solves TWO problems: 1) excessive spending and 2) gluttony. I can't tell how difficult this will be. I have done pretty well for the past two days. Basically, I realized that the reason I go out so often is because I'm constantly talking to someone and the conversation often ends with me saying "OMG WE HAVE TO EAT THAT! LET'S GO!" And RIGHT after I say it, I always instantly regret it because I realize what I have just done. But I don't want to be annoying and say "um never mind I don't want to do that" and I eventually get hoodwinked (by my own doing) into eating out. Once again.

So I'm going to stop inviting people out to eat! At least for this month. I won't say no if people invite me out. So if you are rich and sadistic, you could invite me out to eat every day and I would do it. But if you are wondering why I am not inviting you out to eat, it is not because our friendship has ended. It is because I am trying to lose weight.

I realized today that I have absolutely no reason to go to Trader Joe's. The fruit and produce is more expensive and crappier than Berkeley Bowl's. I refuse to buy any of their delicious cookies or desserts. I don't like buying frozen foods. I can't buy alcohol. I have a giant box of pasta in my kitchen. And I don't particularly like eating bags of nuts. The cashier I had hoped to see again wasn't there today either. So maybe that's one less thing in my list of to do's in life.

Ok, I'm trying to sleep earlier. I have been waking up pretty late these past few weeks, like 8:30. Sigh. (Soo-Jin laughs and says "that's when I go to sleep!") I always wake up much later when I feel sad about my life, because I am not as eager to start my day. I keep meaning to write a list of goals and things I want in life, because that usually motivates me. But I'm pretty busy lately, and between working and trying to sleep at an early hour, I don't have much time to do anything at all. OH LIFE!

A reminder to friends before April begins:
Kristen, you and I were supposed to eat I.B Hoagies together
Jackie, you and I were supposed to eat La Note / Jupiter together
*not so subliminal message*

No comments: