Friday, January 30, 2009

Emotions

I wonder why I don't cry about things that I feel like I should be crying about. I cry when I get very angry and am fighting with someone. I do not know why - I guess my body gets overwhelmed with emotions and just releases everything. There have been instances where I tear up and I'm not even sad at all. Usually I'm actually half laughing. Sometimes I will feel sad and I think to myself, if I just give it a good cry, maybe I will get over things faster. So I say in my head, ok cry! But nothing happens.

Instead, I decide to cry for television, which seems rather pathetic. I won't cry for my own personal things, but I'll tear up when Buffy dies at the end of season five. Or when the Panthers win state, or when Ross looks for Rachel in the airport at the end of the series. And I've teared up when Rory gives back Logan's engagement ring, and when a contestant on Biggest Loser laments over his fatness, and I'm sure I've cried over some scene in Dawson's Creek or Felicity.

I should probably study now. I want to go to SF tomorrow and buy boots with the $82 I saved from finding my ID card. But my twin Laura informed me that that is the exact reasoning the Shopaholic character would have used to buy something. Laura also says that my smile looks like this:

Laura: Smile for me
*I smile the "small smile" non-smile*
Laura: Come on! Smile for me! OH WAIT. WAS THAT IT?! I thought you were giving me a strange look

1 comment:

A9SecondSleeper said...

Maybe you can stop watching TV for a while. Or watch a documentary