Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spring Semester 2009

School has started. Today was very similar to my winter break days, except for the going to school part. Well, even then. It's a lot of zoning out. I went to bed early last night, because there was nothing to do. But I guess I felt talky so I ended up talking to Jon for an hour and then it was 11:30 and I was like OMG I MUST SLEEP! I woke up and it was overcast, which meant today would be a good day. I ended up getting out of bed at 7:45, when I thought it was probably around 9. But that was nice, because I went to the gym.

It always takes some time to get used to different ellipticals. The elevations are always set differently. There were tonsss of people at the gym. I hope next week will weed out the fake gymmers, who are only going because it's the beginning of the semester and they don't have work to do.

Had class at 11-3. The way I write down my schedule, I only write the time and the room number. So the entire day I wasn't very sure what class I was about to enter. I have an inexplicable dislike for Haas already. I am one of those people who got in and just can't wait to get out. I have heard of many people who fell into this pattern. Two more semesters! Looking at my schedule, it seems like I will only ever be in one of four rooms for all of my Haas classes. I don't even know the room numbers, I just think of them as "the one I had business ethics" or "the one I had business communications" or "the one where I was terrified for an hour and a half."

Someone out there must want me to be miserable on the day of the Big 4 Forum. Which is TOMORROW OH GOD! I have been waiting for this day for the past two years. And unfortunately, on Thursday, January 22nd, I will be fat, pimpley, and have about eight canker sores in my mouth. At least the eight are small and I can still kind of talk. But sigh. These are all the things that could have gone wrong.

I miscalculated the time it would take for my rice to cook! Now my salmon is not ready to be eaten. BOO. I wanted to go to a club event today, which started 30 minutes ago. It lasts until 8. I guess I can stroll in late.

I hate this apartment. There is once again a layer of dust around everything. There are very few spots that I like, and it is only because I have cleaned them thoroughly. These places include: my room, but not the closet and not too close to the window, the dining room table, but only the two seats that I occupy, and the bathroom sink. All other places are possibly contaminated with disease and bacteria.

HUGE HEADACHE. Is this the cause of my sick apartmentmate? Not blowdrying my hair last night? Only eating bananas for meals because I haven't had time to grocery shop? Inhaling some poisonous fume in the apartment? Could be a mixture of all.

I totally did not realize yesterday was Inauguration Day until I got to the airport and saw it on the news. I feel extremely bad because I had my dad take me to the airport at like 9 and he probably got back at 11. He probably missed the entire inauguration, and even though I don't know whether he voted for Obama, he is the kind of person who would have watched the entire celebration. He likes to watch all of these big events, including the funeral of ex-President Ford. Or whoever was the most recent president to die. My dad has so little going on in his life, I feel like I deprived him of some huge event. :(

Now I will watch Aliens in America. I just watched like four HIMYM episodes with commentary. See, just like winter break. Except my dad is not here to cut me an apple

1 comment:

coonie said...

your last two paragraphs were so cute. HAHAHAH