Friday, June 19, 2009

Would you like a birthday sign with that?

I went to Li-Ting's after work today. For dinner, we decided to get a fruit tart from 99 Ranch. Fruit tarts are usually meant for celebrations, but it was just a Friday for us. The cashier asked "do you need a birthday sign with that?" and we looked at each other and said no a little ashamedly. Then the cashier started to wrap it with ribbon and I was thinking "oh gosh, just another obstacle between me and my fruit tart."

When we first got to Sheng Kee Bakery there was this CRAZY crowd of asian moms at the bread place. The bread is sold for real cheap right before it closes, so they just wait there, for their moment to strike. I didn't know how much they really cost, and I think I've been eating too much bread lately so I opted not to. The person in front of me got about 12 breads for $7.50 though - that is pretty dang cheap! But I would complain so much on my twitter if I ate 12 chinese breads.

I've never been happier to get my period. I was really worried about how guilty I would feel about going out and not exercising twice a day over the weekend - but now I have my period which means I wouldn't have been swimming anyway. Good timing, body!

No comments: