Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bucket List #1: Karaoke on Stage

Ok, so I don't really have a bucket list. I guess you could kind of count the thing to your right as a bucket list ... but some of them are out of my control. So I don't think it's a real bucket list. Instead, I will tell you about things that I have done that I feel like are on other people's bucket list.

I write this blog while having a hammering headache and a nauseous stomach. TODAY! I went karaoking with Anu and Kristen in SF. AWESOME. Here's what went down:

I went to work. Got off around 5:00. Walked to union square, supposedly to meet up with Kristen. Instead, Anu decides she will pick up Kristen WHILE testing out her new gps in sf. BAD IDEA.

The GPS claims it will be a 10 minute drive. I knew immediately that was a lie. It would take ten minutes for a car to go four blocks in SF. I could have walked to Kristen faster than Anu drove to Kristen (but I stopped at BOA). No worries! They were trying to loop around to get me, OTHER BAD IDEA. SF rush hour traffic is already crap. There were also a whole bunch of accidents, which made things MUCH WORSE. I ended up coordinating with Kristen to figure out where they were stuck in traffic, then ran down the street and just jumped into their car. Which is always something I REALLY like to do (no sarcasm, I really like doing it).

Car ride was crazy. So much food consumption. Ate an entire tupperware of pasta that Anu had made - later realized this was a TERRIBLE idea. Gosh, it sounds like this whole day was full of bad ideas, when it really wasn't. I haven't even gotten to my bucket list portion of the day yet.

LONG STORY SHORT (because I want to sleep) - we went to a bar and had happy hour. Kristen paid for my drinks (AW!) and forced me to drink beer on top of the extremely strong cocktail that I had. I didn't get carded! Another score. I feel like I drink more in public as a 20 year old then some people do as a 21 year old. Thanks to all my older friends! Then we left, drove to a karaoke bar. One of those places that is a stage. EFFING FUN! Kristen and I sang DON'T STOPPPP BELIEVINGGGG (is there any other song?!) Anu sang ... OH NOS I forgot. Ended the night with singing Wannabe; then walked back to the car singing Smashmouth's All-Star and then driving down Bay Bridge singing to the radio. I passed out multiple points in the night

In the end, we got home around 10:30. AMAZING. I love this "work in the day play in the city at night" feeling. I felt like I had been out for an hour, but it was like FIVE hours! Even though I felt EXTREMELY terrible from my alcohol. WORTH IT! This summer is bomb. I only wish I were working a paid job as an audit intern. But my job is pretty bomb right now too.

SUPER long entry! Why must I ramble. OK SLEEP! I feel like in my drunken state I may pick a fight with my stupid apartmentmate.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

you forgot to mention how you were sleeping on the table at the bar.