Thursday, June 4, 2009

<3 Imeem

The place I'm interning at gives me full access of the internet which means: LOTS AND LOTS OF IMEEM! I wish radioblogclub.com still existed, but I've given up hope that it will ever come back. Its welcome screen has been there for the past three years. But imeem is ok ... I wish people would have more diverse playlists though, instead of just uploading albums. I like to discover new artists. I listened to the house playlist Soo Jin sent me and today I listened to a lot of Silversun Pickups. I would not have ever listened to them except Danny mentioned them in his blog. Their band name makes me think that they would sound like Incubus, (which is why I never bothered to listen to them) when they do not. Of course, I am a sucker for any remixes


I can also go on gmail, facebook when I eat my apple, and read nytimes! So much better than when I could only access sec.gov, as interesting as that was. I think meebo would be too tempting, so I refrain from that. I like reading The Atlantic Monthly magazine and I saw it at Berkeley Bowl so today I read some articles on the website. I was pretty disappointed. Their website reminds me of a giant twitter but with more characters. Too many opinions.

It's 10:20! While swimming today, I suddenly got all these images of food in my head around my 50th lap. At my 70th lap, I couldn't stand the hunger anymore so I just pushed until my 80th and went home. So I plan to make some sort of pasta with broccoli for dinner next week, and then maybe lasagna. I need to think of dishes that I can make over the weekend, refrigerate, and then eat slowly over the course of a week. There's no time for me to cook a good meal on weekdays! My past two dinners were good though. I finished off my salmon patties, and I would steam spinach and put it in the hamburger. If I had had feta cheese, it would have been even more delicious, but oh well. No time to go to Trader Joe's either.

I don't know what's up but I used to be able to swim for a very long time and just think about life. Now, I'm barely at lap 40 and I'm super bored. What did I use to think about? I think I used to have a more active imagination, but now I'm just kind of whatever. Also, don't really want to think about real life. So that leaves me with nothing to think about. I need some drama.

My mom and I are in a non-fight right now - there's nothing we're really fighting about but shit happened and now I don't really want to speak to her. I guess I should be the bigger person and just figure out how to repair our relationship but I'm the kind of person who just cuts their losses and moves on. But you can't really cut a parent out of your life, especially when I still need them for money... haha.

It's 10:45! I can't figure out if I'm tired enough to sleep or not. Tomorrow is Friday, end of the first week of my summer.

Omg... I've decided to rewatch old seasons of Laguna Beach. Two things wrong with that: 1) I'm watching Laguna Beach 2) I'm REWATCHING Laguna Beach. No one should really watch it ever, much less MULTIPLE TIMES. But I'm desperate for drama... omg... my life...

It took me a long time to find the site too. MTV.com is one of the worst designed sites ever. What is this crap. Anyway, if you feel like dumbing down, here they are

No comments: