Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few seconds

I'm glad the place I'm interning at is very flexible with time. Taking public transportation to work is so stressful. Everything comes down to a few seconds. Even if I know that nextbus says that the 51 is coming in three minutes, the entire time I walk to Bancroft, I wonder if I shouldn't have checked my hair in the mirror, or if I shouldn't have attempted to add a few more songs to my iPod.

Also when I'm on the 51, I freak out if the bus makes too many stops. I always tag one person as someone I am going to blame if I miss the Bart. Like today, I went down the escalator but right when I stuck my ticket in, I saw the SF/Milbrae train pull away. So I said to myself, "ARGH IT WAS YOUUUUU person who got on in front of the RSF!"

My days are way too busy. And every morning I wake up thinking "what excuse do I have to NOT exercise?" But I'm going to proclaim that I can not break away from my diet/exercise plan for any reason until summer school begins (July 6th). Let this blog hold me accountable! I only swam 50 laps today which was pretty lame. But I had to go to the library to drop off some books I borrowed, and I wanted to go before the sun went down.

I HAVE NO FREE TIME ANYMORE! I have to do all my errands one per day, because I'm unable to do all of them at once. Also, I HATE how I can't do anything within normal business hours! I had plans to borrow all these library books to read while sitting on the bus/bart, but the freaking libraries are only open when I'm at work! Even if I get off at 4:00, by the time I get back to Berkeley, the libraries are closed. The only books I have left are Blink and Fools Rush In. I think I can finish those by next week. Then maybe I'll go into work an hour late, check out like ten books at the Haas library, and then read them over the rest of the month.

I went with my coworkers to buy lunch at the food court in Westfield. I DO NOT LIKE. SO expensive! Why can't Berkeley food be present everywhere?! Cheese N Stuff should become a franchise. I must have access to $3.50 deli sandwiches for the rest of my life.

I keep having ideas of what to blog about when I'm at work but when I get home there's too much for me to do. And now there's NO TIME for me to blog! I should have been in bed two minutes ago! So goodnight.

*songs left to transfer on my computer: 4787*

2 comments:

A9SecondSleeper said...

AIYEE!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

arentcha tired after workin, ms working girl? The fact that you can still swim 50 laps is doggone manly. Woah, manly!

Laura said...

hey, at the fancier food court at westfield, if you're a student, you get a 10% discount. it happened to me once when i wore my cal shirt.