Friday, December 12, 2008

Not So Silent Night


(You MUST play this before reading)

OMFG The Oracle arena is an AMAZING concert venue. NSSN WAS AWESOME. MAJOR MAJOR hearts to Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, and THE KILLERS. Death Cab and Jack's Mannequin were also there but OMGGGGG

I wish I had gotten to dance on the floor but then I wouldn't have seen the entire stage and the thousands of people. I should remember not to sing when I am recording because my annoying voice totally covers the music. HAHA I think Jon will kill me when he listens to his videos and hears my voice.

The lighting effects were SO GOOD. I am amazed by how quickly people can go in and out of the Oracle. I LOVE how it is CONNECTED to the bart station. I thought it would be insane to take the bart back, but there were tons of empty seats! It is nice to see a huge crowd of students, knowing that we are all Berkeley kids who just came from the same concert

I enjoy the small, moshiness of an Academy Is concert, and I've gotten to sit/stand like 10 rows away from the stage in a seated concert, and now I've gotten to sit REALLLY REALLY far away from the stage. All three are such fun ways to watch a concert. :D:D:D

OK. GRADES ARE NOW DOWN THE TOILET. I won't even try studying tonight. There's no way I can retain anything. I can barely type!

Another thing that I loved about this weekend. OMFG It's not even the weekend. HAHA But, I went to study at Crossroads yesterday, the dining hall. I went with some RCSA friends and it was SOO COOL. They open it until like 5am during finals, and even if you don't order anything, they put out all these baked goods and you can get free coffee/hot chocolate/cappucinos. Their hot chocolate is the BEST I have ever had, because there is a SHITLOAD of cream and it's extremely chocolately. I stayed yesterday until like 1am. SO FUCKING FUN. If you remember studying at Arcadia library with me during high school, it was a little like that. I actually got work done though. A very minimal amount of work.

I also had Ethiopian food yesterday. The lamb and salmon was really good but the beef was way too spicy. Ethiopian food is REALLY interesting to eat. I went with my RCSA ex-com, and it was SO perfect because Ethiopian is great for large groups. We all ordered something different and it comes all together on a huge plate and we just shared. I would have never been able to try so many dishes at the same time. I LOVE my ex-com! All of us are really into trying new things.

THESE PAST THREE DAYS WERE SOOOO GOOD. Tomorrow is another "fun day" too. WHY do I go out all during finals week?!

Other concerts I want to go to in my lifetime: Miley Cyrus, Paul Oakenfold or DJ Tiesto, Jimmy Eat World, and Britney Spears if she ever attains the performance ability she once had

No comments: