Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chuck

NEW FAVORITE SHOW guys! Chuck is AMAZING. And proof that guest stars really work! I got sucked in because they had Jordana Brewster for a 3-episode arc. I watched one episode, and got really interested in the love triangle. Even after the Jordana Brewster character left, I was like OMG I MUST KNOW MORE.

I have watched a ton of tv in my life, where there are bajillions of tv couplings. But I have never been like "OMFG JUST BONE ALREADY!" Chuck and Sarah are such a cute couple! And every episode, there's always a moment, like "OMG IS THIS THE ONE?" but it never is.

Sarah, Yvonne Strechowski, is my new favorite TV blonde. HAHA sorry Kristen Bell. But you are no longer on tv, except as a narrator. She is Australian! But sounds so American. She is as kickass as Jennifer Garner in Alias, I swear.

They have really good music. I have to go look up the songs they play. But, OMFG they had an episode where they went to a high school reunion, and they played BSB and Paula Cole. You know it has to be a freaking good show when they can play Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait" and you LIKE IT. WITHOUT having to picture Dawson's Creek in your head. THAT is a good show.

There is also an AMAZING number of guest stars on the show. In the few episodes that I've watched, there have already been SO MANY faces that I recognize. I LOVE recognizing faces.

Nicole Ritchie AND Ben Savage (Cory from Boy Meets World! who will probably look the same when he's 60) I actually believed that Nicole Ritchie could act after the episode. PLUS, she gets her ass kicked in by Sarah in a pretty amazing fight scene.


Any fight scene with Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" is automatically cool. Please ignore the horrendous voiceover.

OC stars Rachel Bilson AND Melinda Clark!

And further proof that Chuck is as cool as Alias, there's Dixon and Marshall!

Since I haven't seen any of the first season, I didn't know that this character was added after the second season started. But if I HAD been watching episodes in the correct order, I'm sure I would have went OMG! when I saw his face...

BUSTER FROM ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT! Who is now a series regular. I think it's BIZARRE that his Chuck character sounds so similar to his Arrested Development character. I thought he was faking the voice but ... I guess ... it's his real voice.

I also freaked out when I saw the last episode (WHICH MADE ME TEAR UP!) when I saw CARL WINSLOW OF FAMILY MATTERS. OMG. Family Matters was like my childhood show. One of the MANY black family shows that I watched as a child. Seriously, I don't know how I ended up watching Sister Sister, The Smart Guy, Family Matters, The Jamie Foxx Show, and the Wayan Brothers as an eight year old, but it's certainly impacted my image of black people. He played a donut-eating cop on the episode, which made me laugh out loud. LOL!

I think that episode also has that alien guy from MIB. But I'm too lazy to see if it is. HAHA Brian does like a perfect impression of the alien guy from MIB.

And finally, see if you can spot the guest star here.

Ok, so it's not really a guest STAR. More like an actor just having a job as an extra. But still! It's Mr. Wu from Veronica Mars!

This post took up a LONG time. Just looking for pictures. I was going to go to the library and then get a gym membership. But now I don't feel like doing anything. FATNESS YAY

Chuck: Morgan! Do we carry any Rush cds in the store?
Morgan: No need, I've got them all on my Zune
Chuck: You have a Zune?!
Morgan: No, no HAHA I'll go grab my iPod

No comments: