Sunday, July 27, 2008

When I Grow Up

Yesterday I went on a day out with some of the floormates. Finally! I remember before the year ended we had a huge list of things we wanted to do and now none of us can remember anything on the list. I only vaguely remember going to some outlet, camping on the beach, visiting each other's houses, going to Monterey Bay... As of today, the only things I've done with them was yesterday's adventure, birthday dinners at Cheeseboard and Crepevine, and one random get-together. I'd be more disappointed but I'm probably part of the reason why we don't do anything.

So yesterday we ate at Gregoire's (DELICIOUS even though they fucking didn't put my order in the big bag and Eric had to drive me back) then set out for Half Moon Bay, which is a beach in SF. Crossed Bay Bridge and we all agreed that Bay Bridge is way better than Golden Gate. It just gets a lot less attention. The beach was not very exciting but I was just happy to drive there. Since we left early we decided to go to SF and do something touristy, so we went to Ghiradelli Square and ate dinner there and had some delicious Ghiradelli desserts.

I never listen to the radio so yesterday was the first time in a long time that I've heard any new songs. Basically whenever I go home to Arcadia, I hear a bunch of new songs, download them, and by the time I go back to Arcadia again, there's an entirely new set of songs playing. Yesterday I heard a whole bunch that I liked. Basically every song, I'd ask Paulo "who sings this?" So yay!

One of the songs was Pussycat Dolls' - When I Grow Up. I think it's ironic that they have a song about being famous and being noticed, but I have absolutely no idea who any of them are. I know the lead singer's name is Nicole, but I have no idea how to spell her last name. If I passed any of them on the street, I'd probably think "wow that girl is kind of trashy. But she looks pretty fit so that's ok."



What the heck is Nicole ripping off her shoulders?

I think Britney Spears was supposed to be in this video but they cut her. Five years ago, I can't imagine anyone cutting Britney Spears out of anything. Today I saw a (recent) picture of her.



You might be thinking "How can she smoke in front of her child?" Which is what the article I took this photo from is about. But I'm thinking: HOW DOES SHE HAVE ABS? I've wanted abs for about half a decade. She loses her abs, gets kind of flabby, then regains her abs in about a year! WTF.

Also, how was this photo taken? I think some photographer was perched on a tree outside her home. Those tiles look very nice.

I should sleep now. Eek. I was supposed to start my essay but I haven't. I was supposed to plan out my speech while swimming but halfway through, my mind shut down. I'm going to Jonathan's tomorrow so I can EAT SOUPLANTATION! Every weekend I IM him and go "SOUPIE?" and we make plans and then cancel them. A small part of me always wants to cancel right after I say I want to go, because I should not be going to buffets. But I think I can control myself...

Famous last words.



Here's a picture of Gregoire's. It's a gourmet French takeout restaurant. HAHA I need to start making a list of delicious restaurants I want to try out next year. I want to go out with someone, 20% because I think it's about time, 50% because I'm lonely, and 30% because I just want an excuse to eat out more often.

No comments: