Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What have I been up to?

Just because I haven't said it in a long time ... OMFG I really need to diet. Well, not diet but really start a routine exercise schedule which I haven't had since June 14th. That's JUNE 14th! That's almost a month ago! I have to admit I'm kind of amazed that after a month of not really exercising, I don't want to kill myself, and I think I'm actually slightly thinner. But this is considering I eat very little. I'd like to keep the amount of food I eat constant, but add a ton more exercise, and my ultimate goal is to get rid of my lovehandles by the end of summer.

Rule 1: Crazy strict diet begins NOW until the end of summer school. NO giving into cravings, even if I know I'm about to get my period
Rule 2: Stop eating after 9:30, except for fruit. Which is very hard because I get out of class at 9:30, but it must be done!
Rule 3: Stop eating tons of food in a meal in preparation of going for long hours without food, since I just end up feeling terrible for the next few hours

My sublet: just got a lot better. Not cleanliness wise, god no. But my roommate came and I liked her. I think we could have gotten along. BUT funny thing. I basically talked to her for an hour and the next day we had classes. I come back from class at 9:30 and I'm concerned about disturbing her. I open my door and feel relieved to see that she is gone and the lights are off. I turn on the lights and see a paper on her table. Being nosy, I wonder what it is. I glance at it, then realize it's for me. I read a little bit and through her cursivey scrawl, I realize ... she freaking LEFT! And that's when I look around and realize ALL of her stuff is GONE.

While I'm a little sad that I won't be making an international friend after all, DUDE. I'm paying for a double but I'm living in a SINGLE. I can continue to do whatever I want in this room which for me means YAY I can change into my swim suit, change into my gym clothes, wake up super early, do sit ups randomly! AND she was apparently allergic to dust so before she left, she THOROUGHLY cleaned the room. As in, there are surfaces here I didn't even KNOW could be cleaned but she did it. I'm kind of in amazement that this summer turned out pretty well.

Haas classes make working feel like TORTURE. I thought work was fairly tedious but didn't mind it. But now that I have the feeling of going to classes, sitting at a computer for 8 hours straight is no longer appealing. My professors are awesome - one gives the most hilarious lectures I've ever attended. He's incredibly intimidating though because he will call people randomly in class and is a self-proclaimed smartass which is entertaining to watch but terrifying to know he just might call on you. If people visit this summer, I'm totally making them go to this lecture with me because you learn a lot, the powerpoint slides are hilarious, and you never want to fall asleep, despite the fact that the lecture is TWO AND A HALF hours long.

The discussion is not that great. I'm very glad I never took a philosophy class for fun now because DEAR GOD I want to kill myself. I'm too logical to care about theoretical what ifs and shouldn't the world be THIS way? It's only an hour long, but it feels much longer. Whereas the 2 over twice as long lectures kind of fly by. My business communications class is pretty interesting - half the time I feel like my professor is just talking about whatever comes to his mind but I can see how it all ties into the concepts.

Classes are fun and I've already been very sociable with others. I like the environment - it's like going to college for the first time again, only now with a much more narrowed down group of people. I love how professors can make jokes about Arthur Andersen or business classes we all took and everyone laughs. I feel myself being much more interested asking others what they want to do when they graduate, since we're closer in fields. Everyone is very friendly and willing to make new friends, I think because we all have had to be somewhat sociable in order to get positions/experiences that got us accepted in the first place, so I don't really see anyone who I would normally label "the quiet kid in the back." Also, it's the beginning of the next two years at the school, and we all know we're going to see each other in classes, so everyone is more willing to make an effort, whereas in other classes there's the sentiment of "after this semester I'll never see these people again."

It's also very intimidating because every now and then someone will mention "oh I work for this firm" or "I had to turn down an internship from insert huge company here" and I'm kind of like shit... These ARE the people I'm competing with for jobs/internships next year. I have to start preparing everything for career fairs in November because I already know time is going to fly by. Eek! Things to do: buy a leather binder, make a better resume, lose weight, learn to apply makeup better. HA

Every day I can't believe this summer is going by so quickly. My countdowns are all REALLY soon. I started classes this Monday and the midterm is next next Friday. I keep thinking "ugh after this week I will be so tired from having work and school the entire week" but when I think about it, that only happens for two more weeks before my work ends. Then I have two weeks of ONLY school, which is only two days a week, and then THAT'S ALL!

The footsteps program I got into is a little more troublesome than I thought - for one of the three days I have to go to San Jose, and I have no means of transportation because the Bart doesn't extend that far. So I have to ask one of my aunts if I can go to her house and see if she is willing to take me to the office early morning. I rarely speak to this aunt so it seems kind of weird to call her up and ask for a favor. But I guess that's what family is for. Asking favors.

SO TIRED! I don't know why I haven't gone to sleep yet.

No comments: