Tuesday, July 29, 2008

OMG APARTMENT!

I got the keys to my new apartment! FINALLY. But I'm so swamped with stuff to do (club stuff, work, homework, packing up the sublet, cleaning the apartment) that I can't just move in immediately. I went in to look at it and while they didn't change the carpet, which is what I was hoping for, I'm so excited! Without all of our stuff moved in, the place looks HUGE. I've spent the last two months dreaming about all the ways I would clean the apartment once I moved in. But already, I can feel myself thinking "eh... it's ok if I leave it like that I guess..." WHICH NO. I cannot allow that to happen! I want to somehow erase the mysterious stains at the corners of the floor.

If I did everything I want to do to the place though, it would probably be $100-200 more. Divided by three it wouldn't be THATTT bad but I don't think my two male roommates will enjoy buying the things I think would make the apartment awesome (like a nicer shower curtain or a fresh bath mat or cute picture frames).

I'm currently at Berkeley Eric's place right now, using his computer to blog while he cooks. HAHA Why is it that my generation has more male cooks than female? Maybe I just belong to a certain group of people. I used to think I would like to learn how to cook (I still somewhat hold that grand vision) but this feeling of coming home after work to sit around and waiting for someone to lay food on the table just feels too nice.

I went in to look at the apartment and see what Amy (the previous tenant/my oldest friend by age) had left me. How dumb of me - just two days ago I had gone to Target with Jon and bought a bunch of cleaning supplies, thinking they were the most important things. So I got a broom, a Swiffer mop, toilet cleaner, and a toilet scrub. Turns out that she had left all of that AND MORE. Basically everything that I had bought, she left. X_X Oh well.

I'm looking forward to not living in the sublet, but I'm not looking forward to moving stuff. Mainly my fridge, which I dread having to drag down a flight of stairs. Moving is such a bitch. But at least now, I don't have to use the restroom in public places, because I hate going to the sublet bathroom. And instead of trying to sleep with loud international students yelling, I now get to sleep with random college students yelling in the parking lot next door. I will somewhat miss having the luxury of dropping something on the ground and thinking "whatever." There's like a handful of Cheerios scattered around my sublet room that I never bothered to pick up. It will be the mark I leave behind.

I'm kind of tired. If I were in my sublet I would crawl into bed but I think I have to entertain my host.

No comments: