Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stupid ideas

So I waited a day after I spilled water on my laptop. I turned it on too early and it wouldn't turn on at first and I was very sad for a day. Then I waited another day and it turned on but my keyboard does not. Every day, I feel like another key stops working. Lately, I've been using the onscreen keyboard to "type," which takes about a minute to write a full sentence. Right now I am typing on my friend's computer. Every time I have access to a functioning keyboard, I just sit at the computer and think of everything I could possibly do. Which wastes a lot of my time.

So I went to get it fixed and this is what happened:

1. Walked to school computer store
2. Asked where the keyboards were - I was planning on buying a new keyboard and just plugging it into my laptop, which will look incredibly ghetto
3. Keyboards were very expensive
4. Bought a new mouse instead.

Logic: My current mouse's aaa batteries don't work so I've had to use the touchpad for the past few weeks. Using the onscreen keyboard is even worse when using the touchpad. So naturally, when my laptop's keyboard doesn't work, I buy a new mouse.

New plan over the weekend - we're going to my floormates city so we can eat at the Souplantation at Fremont. HAHA Last year Chrystal and I wanted to take the Bart to Soupie, but it was a $7 bart ticket and we would have had to walk a bit. We were planning on even getting fake club vegs so we could have fake birthdays and eat a free meal. We decided not to. So now I'm going to Soupie with other people and I want to go to Frys so I can buy a cheap keyboard. Then, since it's yet another thing taking up my USB port, I kind of want to buy a USB hub.

So, I guess I'll see how long I can last without actually using my laptop's computer. It's just going to be a screen that I look at. HAHA

1 comment:

jackie said...

HAHA you're finally going to soupie up north!! i'm glad you found a way that doesn't involve dirty buses and a ridiculously long walk, as you described last time were in arcadia's lovely soupie :P

:( about your laptop. gluck with fixing it