Friday, February 22, 2008

Little things in Berkeley

This was first a general "little things I love" but I realized every one of them had to do with living in Berkeley. Which makes sense ... because I live in Berkeley.

1. Swimming in the rain at Spieker Pool. The heat from the pool hitting the cold air makes a really nice mist that rises up. The huge overhead lights perfectly light up the rain drops coming down, which you see every time you come up to breathe. It's one of those things you could never completely capture on film or camera.
2. Walking or driving around Berkeley, especially College Ave. I want to sit at the back of the 51 bus and just film the street as we go down.
3. Walking through campus on an overcast day, when there are fewer people and I'm not rushing off to class. Favorite spot to walk around: the entrance of Doe library


4. Responding to an e-mail. Even though a lot of it is just school/club stuff, it feels very adult. As a kid, you might view e-mail as something you can easily ignore, and if asked, you just reply "oh I never check my e-mail." That doesn't work anymore, especially as you get older.
5. Buying Odwalla with my mealpoints. Also, having the option to buy Naked juice at the gym, but since they rarely have gold machine, I never really bother.
6. Seeing dogs run around on campus. I've noticed that they never bark. They're just quietly happy to run around the grassy fields. Every time I see one, I just want to have a dog so I could take it to Memorial Glade and play with it.
7. Walking to the RSF, turning my head left, and being able to see the marina even though it is a few miles away.
8. Walking to the RSF, turning my head right, and being able to see the Berkeley hills. I will take a picture of it one day.
9. Being able to go out and get food at restaurants that are still late, late, late at night. Especially going to late night dining with friends even though I try not to get anything.
10. Being able to use Google Maps, street view, which you can't do everywhere. But you can in Berkeley, mainly because Google is situated in NorCal


View Larger Map


No comments: