Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

I watched the superbowl for the first time today. Not only that, but it's probably the longest I've ever watched a football game. I didn't even watch it in its entirety. Alvin came over and we kept switching between that and Mythbusters. I also stopped watching when there was only 2:45 left in the 4th quarter, which was the most important part of the entire game. I was sitting in bed reading when I heard a room down the hall yell and I thought "damn ... I probably should have just finished the game." Oh well. Football is fun to watch. I've always wanted to throw some sort of Superbowl party but I don't have friends to invite. My current friends would just change the channel or exit the living room to do other things. Which is why I think if I were to move in with someone, I would want them to like sports so we could invite friends over for a sports game party.

Alvin is sleeping on my floor right now. It's 8:05 pm. I was supposed to do all my homework yesterday but I haven't done any. I also didn't do laundry or go swimming. HEHE But today was for a good reason. Frances C came up! She laughed at the message I left on her voicemail because I had missed her call and I called back with "HI FRANCES! SORRY I MISSED YOUR CALL! I WAS AT THE GYM! I have to shower! Call me back around 10:30" and she and Alvin thought it was funny that I had already gotten up and gone to the gym by 10am. "It's like 'Sorry! I just got back from skiing!'" I walked extremely quickly to Dwinelle to meet up with her and took her to Raleigh's, where I've eaten like ... 3x in the past week. They have the best Caesar salad ever. Alvin came and we hung out in my room and then we went downstairs to get Ryno's and walked around campus. Frozen yogurt is TERRIBLE with skittles, as Alvin found out. Three hours later, she had to leave :( The last I ever saw of her was on Telegraph, as she was climbing into a Toyota Hybrid.

Alvin just kicked a bag and I looked over and he smiled and waved at me and then started snoring again. Watching Alvin sleep is like watching a baby sleep. It's very cute.

Aw! I wish my friends could visit more often. It's really not that far! A 5 hr drive ... at select times of the day. I love walking around campus, but it's even more fun when I'm walking around with friends. It's also a great excuse to eat out, and I've probably eaten out more often when friends come up.

I hate my women's studies class, which should be expected since I chose it because it "sounded interesting." I don't care about the class and I'm not willing to spend any money on it, which is very bad considering I have two reading assignments due and I have not yet gotten the $50 reader. Eff that! I don't want to get a reader! However, if I don't I won't be able to write the paper about the readings. Dilemma.

I'm reading a surprisingly good book called "Love and other impossible pursuits" which I have to return to the libary by 2/11. It's kind of embarassing to borrow these kind of girly books from the library, but whatever.

I've gotten extremely lazy about school. I need to remind myself that I planned to get a 4.0 this semester, and also that I planned to have a really flat stomach by 2/22.

No comments: