Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pillow Making

It's 1:15am and I just finished my first pillow! So that's one thing I can cross off my to do before I die list. Yay! I had attempted to make one for Caroline but that one failed. So I made hers into a bag that is fairly useless but super cute. Then Angelica's birthday and graduation is coming up so I decided I'd make a second attempt. Plus she's my lifelong friend. So things I've learned...

1) The best thing about making a pillow is choosing a fabric that the person will like
2) Cutting is permanent. Try harder not to fuck up
3) Never "eyeball it." I am usually wrong
4) Use new, fluffier pillows or the letters will be offplaced
5) Fabric at Walmart is super cheap and fairly nice
6) Double layering looks fantastic
7) Thread color matters
8) Sewing for 7 hours straight will damage eyesight

Will post picture of pillow later

No comments: