Saturday, March 1, 2008

20 more things because I love typing

I've somehow came home at 8:00, only to sit at my computer for 3 hours, watching Buffy and Veronica Mars. My legs are sore from inactivity. I wonder how I will react when I see myself in the mirror tomorrow, especially after Souplantation. I would love to be ready for bikini season by spring break, so I better start doing actual situps and crunches. Which I never do. Well, I'll kill some more time and then I can go take a shower and sleep at the insanely early hour of 11:30 pm. What wild weekends I have. Well, tomorrow will be all work.

1. I actually don't really have 20 more fascinating things to say about myself, so I think this will be more like 20 really specific things I want in my future house, since I am looking for apartments right now.
2. Close to a good gym
3. I probably care most about how the kitchen looks, which is funny because I don't even cook.
4. I next care about how the bathroom looks, I think because there's a lot you can do to make a bathroom look good, but if a bathroom looks bad it just makes your entire house look unkept
5. Matching sets of plates, cups, utensils ... I would hate to have mismatched cups which is why I was very reluctant to buy a Berkeley mug but now that I have one, I love it
6. I would put very little on the refrigerator except for a few pictures and a magnet especially for grocery lists and a magnet especially for important documents that I need to notice, but unimportant enough to leave hanging around the kitchen
7. Ferns everywhere and depending on how well off I am, vases with flowers in them
8. My couch would have a throw so I could fall asleep when I watch tv
9. I like bar counters and bar stools and in my mind, I would sit on my bar stool with a cup of yogurt and granola and use my laptop (hopefully a better one by this point) in the mornings before going to work. (Oddly, I wrote "before going to the gym" before I checked my blog over. I guess I was thinking about life now)
10. Uncluttered bedroom with nothing but one of those low beds, a night stand with a lamp, and some sort of table
11. I would have counters in the bathroom, but if for some reason there is very little space, I would need a stand to put my clothes on when I shower
12. No souveneirs. I hate souveneirs
13. If I have a small backyard, I would like a little table and two chairs, even though I know I would probably never sit outside.
14. Venetian blinds
15. Mainly whiteish carpet except for obviously the kitchen and the bathroom
16. Shower in the bathroom that is hands-free and has a door - I hate shower curtains
17. A cute bath mat in the bathroom
18. Lots of stainless steel in the kitchen which seems kind of guyish
19. In one of those apartment looking condos
20. Next to a few good grocery stores, particularly Trader Joe's

No comments: