Monday, April 28, 2008

My Off-Balance Life

I don't know why but my life feels very weird right now. Like, something is not quite right and it kind of bothers me. Usually this happens when I don't have very much work to do. When I have less work to do, I start to stress out because then I think "omg there has to be something that I could be doing right now. But I don't know what it is..." That's probably what is happening now. I wanted to make a chart of my stresses but ... actually I figured out how. Awesome.


I'm not quite sure how Google organizes the categories. I like it because it's colorful but I doubt anyone is going to take a good look at that. Don't bother - I didn't think too carefully about the numbers. Making it actually took a lot out of me, but at least I know how to do something new with google documents :D

I don't even know what to say now. Hmm. There are a lot of things on my mind but I don't know what is most interesting to blog about.

Since I don't have as much work to do anymore (yay!) I'm starting to stress out about other things in life that are much more difficult to take care of. For instance, I don't know why but yesterday I started thinking about how I'm not in very close contact with TMV people anymore. I think I realized this when I was thinking about what I would do for the summer. I was thinking to myself, "I hope TMV people come up to visit me ... but I bet they won't ... but that's ok since my floormates will be here in the summer" and then I was like OH NO! I hope this doesn't mean I'm starting to heart my floormates over TMV now. I hope this isn't the first step towards losing contact with high school friends. =L

I've always been fine with being really far from almost all TMV people and not really knowing what's going on in their lives. Partly because I'm very happy with my college life and partly because I don't think very much happens when I'm gone anyway. HAHA. But after yesterday I was like hmm ... I always figure that I can't dwell on keeping in contact with TMV because life goes on and it's very difficult to make the effort when I can walk two doors over and have fun. But then I was like, but I don't want to make that excuse when I graduate and start working because I would like to say that I will always know what's going on in our group. I don't know.

Then I'm kind of disappointed that I'm going to get a B in econ this semester. I have only 15 units, 2 classes are P/NP meaning that the B is going to make a huge impact on my GPA. I should have entered this semester thinking "this semester is important because I am applying for internships next year," not "I figure I got into Haas so this semester, I will relax." You might think this is just evidence of my never being satisfied, but actually, I only really have to worry about my GPA for one year, if my plan goes well. I have to work really hard this summer and the fall semester, apply for internships, and hopefully get one. Then, if I get an internship and do well at it, it's my experience that matters, not my GPA. I'm just waiting for that moment where experience trumps GPA and getting 4.0s is no longer my concern.

After Boat Dance I didn't gym and ate pretty unhealthily. =L I hope I can change this starting tomorrow. My body is really weak now, I think I have to start actually getting out of breath on the elliptical. It's very hard to push yourself on the elliptical but it's much easier on the treadmill. I never swim now and I never took any of those exercise classes like aerobic kickboxing.

There are signs posted about moving out. Eek! I'm super excited for next year. I'm just really stressed because my mom doesn't know I'm ROOMING with a boy. She only knows I'm living with them ... Let's hope she never visits me. It's like a disowning just waiting to happen. Anyway, how exciting. I paid $500 for a security deposit last week and it felt super weird. It was $500 out of my bank account and I didn't tell my mom beforehand ... it felt very adult. Turned in contracts and everything. I'm also excited to see where my friends are living.

Plans:
- BBQ at Caroline's since she has a backyard
- Football games
- Random people coming over to my place because I'm closest to campus
- My pretending that I'm not at home when people I don't like call
- Dinner parties

Ok. Wow, it's 12:15. I was ready to sleep at 11:30 Whoopsie dooo

No comments: