Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cal Day

Cal Day 2006: I don't remember it at all. I don't think I really went to anything; I went to the Chancellor's reception at 8:30 in the morning and was thoroughly impressed with how large Haas Pavillion is. The rest of the day is a complete mystery; I only remember walking to Haas with my parents and taking pictures. And again, the only reason I remember it is because we took pictures.

Cal Day 2007: I sat in my room for a large part of the day because I was getting ready for the astro final. It was an overcast day, a fact I only remember because my floormates brought it up. I was very removed from it, and I wouldn't have even known that it was going on.

Cal Day 2008: omg. I have sacrificed my skin for RCSA. I am so much darker now; all because of 2pm-4pm. >:O The shade left but I was like AGHHH I MUST SELL THESE MUGS so I stood there anyway. But I think being a student during Cal Day is more fun than being a prospective freshman on Cal Day. When you're a student, you go around Cal Day because you have friends (otherwise you'd stay in your room, see above). You know what most of the organizations are, you have no shame in going around just getting free stuff, you can pick up all of the rally songs. You can also use your mealpoints and buy whatever you want without thinking about money. When you're tired, you walk back to the dorm and just hang out with you friends more. But being a prospective freshman, you're basically left with your parents, no one knows where anything is, there's too much going on, and it's exciting and a good experience, but not super duper fun.

Well today, I woke up at 7:15. I hosted a person who was really cool; I had actually spoken to her at interviews and remembered her very well so I think that's why she wanted to be my hostee. Then I had to get stuff moved to Sproul at 8am. And every hour after that, I was expecting it to be really late, only to find out that only 20 minutes had passed. But Cal Day was still super fun. I finally sold those god damn bear bottoms that have been in my room forever. I sold about 24 mugs, and now I only have one box of them left (YES!). I think the RCSA account is going to be pretty high now, so I am super happy. Once I order graduation stoles, set up a time for people to pick up their stuff last-minute, then I am DONE DONE DONE with RCSA for this semester! YAYYYY

I came home, immediately took a shower because that was probably the worst I've ever smelled in my life. I spent about 15 minutes counting the money - I have in my possession $1570 in PURE CASH which is INSANE. I could buy a car with that money. Anyway, then I watched some HIMYM with Caroline (YESSS we have gotten past the duller episodes of season 1. It's always really painful for me to watch them because I tell everyone "THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVERRRR" and when they watch the first ten episodes I'm always like "it gets better I swear"). Then I ate dinner with some floormates (Sushi House, which I now no longer like. I seriously think nothing can compare to Ichima, and it's like the measuring stick for all sushi places now, and so far, every place has FAILED). Watched more HIMYM - I believe we might have watched a total of twelve episodes. HAHA. I did not go to a party so I could watch HIMYM. Terrible. But my excuse was that I was too fat to go out wearing what I wanted to wear.

So I'm happy for now. Except for the fact that Berkeley IS INSANELY HOT RIGHT NOW. OMFG. I hate it when the sun comes out. There's no smog layer like there is in LA, so the sun is particularly direct and painful. SOOO HOT. I don't know how to turn off the heater to this room so it's even worse. Also, I have not done any work in a very long time, and I am torn between giving up on Econ, coasting, and getting a B, or working very hard and trying to get an A- and not feel terrible about myself. Who knows.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of: working a lot of hours every week, super dieting to get ready for Boat Dance, getting all my hw done early, anddd I don't even know. Ok.

I don't blog very much. I don't even remember what I used to blog about. Hmm.

Trader Joe's organic strawberry fruit spread is very good. My new food obsession is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and also a "sandwich" consisting of one slice of bread, a slice of muenster cheese, and a slice of turkey breast, eaten like a giant cheese/cracker.

No comments: