Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Being terribly lazy

I'm using wireless right now. Berkeley has wireless internet all over campus where you just login with your id and password and you have internet! I use it all the time when I take my laptop to the study lounge and ... "study." But right now I'm sitting in my room, the ethernet cable is literally a foot from me, but I really don't feel like reaching over and picking it up. So ... wireless it is!

Anyhoo, I actually feel very tired right now but I shouldn't take a nap. I have an interview soon for another ASUC position. I'm debating between contacts or glasses. I don't look good with my glasses but if I wear contacts, I risk having a sudden attack of dry eyes and going into the interview constantly looking like >___o o____< >____o

I had a weird dream yesterday. I don't even really remember it and it's really not that interesting to read about but I'll write about it anyway. I was sitting and eating at some cafe-like restaurant that seemed to be in an alley. I was eating with two friends from Berkeley - when I woke up I really could not figure out who the two people were. We were talking about some song and I was like "my friend Eric really likes that song" and they were like "HAHA I bet it's because of THIS LYRIC" and they point out some part of a song that Eric really would like - it's like that female, very natural sounding and sweet voice with some strumming of the guitar. And then we all laughed about it. The end. I woke up feeling like AW I miss TMV because it's cute that we know random little things about each other. Makes me almost not want to stay in Berkeley for the summer.

Today should be a busy day and then it'll all wind down. I can count on two hands how many homework assignments I have left to do
- 4 physics and music homework assignments that usually take about 15 minutes to do, each
- 1 Fun in Science poster that's basically me pasting pictures to a posterboard
- 1 Film paper due Friday that I will attempt to finish by tomorrow night
- 2 film papers that take me about 20 minutes to do, each
- 1 IEOR reflections paper that takes me about 15 minutes to do
- 1 IEOR project that involves powerpoint presentations, meaning practice time and slide making. But still relatively stressfree because all the groundwork has been done
- 2 Econ homeworks that are the scourge of this semester

Fine. If you count individually, that's 12. But I'm counting the number of dashes. Of which there are seven.

My hands smell all fishy because I ate smoked salmon with a bagel today. DELICIOUS. But I wonder who woke up one day and said "I'm going to put some fish on my delicious breakfast food." Also, my bagel yesterday had spots of mold but this one did not. At least, none that I could see under my dim table light.

I found a place to live over the summer! I will be subleting for some girl's fraternity room. Sigma nu. I don't know anything about them - I looked it up on wikipedia and I think it's some service fraternity. It's only $400 a month which is damn cheap (hopefully it is not damn shitty). I will be rooming with some girl from the University of Bordeaux, so I take it to mean I'll be rooming with a French exchange student? Sounds cool. I figure if it turns out to be a rather quiet fraternity house, fine. And if it turns out to be a loud, party house, fine because it's only the summer and it'll be like experiencing a fraternity house without having to pledge for one. I'll be working nearly full time for the first half of summer and then work/school the second half. I also want to get up to gym, and then go to the media resources center and watch a movie every day. Plus, I kind of want to visit my norcal floormates every weekend, so I probably won't spend too much time in there anyway. So, this summer will hopefully not be as "sit around the house all day and wait for friends to wake up so we can go out" as it was last summer.

Now I must go otherwise I'll actually be late to my interview.

OMFG THREE DAYS TILL BOAT DANCE. SHOOT. I ate like 1/3 of my granola box yesterday and felt terrible.

No comments: