Saturday, September 29, 2007

The creation of this blog

I've thought about making a blogspot in the past, especially when several of my friends started to make one of their own. I really have no reason to, because there are many places where I can blog about my life. I regularly use a Xanga, I have a Myspace (even though that is mainly to find music), and I have a Facebook (even though I hate making notes because I delete them too easily). I always thought bloggers were more sophisticated looking and belonged to a different class of people. Xanga is a lot more juvenile and there's still a lot of random html floating around the fuglifies a lot of sites. Mine is really simple and clean cut looking, but there is still that air of immaturity, I think, and you can't really take anything I say seriously.

On the other hand, people with blogger seem to be older, typically have careers, and post more thoughtfully and with more wisdom. I feel like everyone uses proper grammar, taking care to capitalize their Is (which I'm trying very hard to do right now), and post pictures that are taken with great care and skill. This was the reason I decided not to make myself a blogger. I enjoy writing whatever I want, without having to capitalize anything. I enjoy posting random pictures. And I enjoy knowing that the majority of what I say is one one blog, and not split between two different blogs.

But then, I had to make this for a school project. It's kind of weird because I'll always wonder if someone in my class will be reading my blog, since this link will be made public. Oh well. Maybe in a few months I won't even touch my Xanga anymore. This does make me want to buy a better camera though. For some reason, I associate this site with flickr, and flickr is just full of pictures taken at high resolution, and perfectly focused.

My mind is kind of dead right now because I just went shopping for six straight hours. I was planning on watching Feast of Love, but I would have had to catch the 10:20 showing, which meant I would be going home on the Bart around midnight. I ended up just going back to the dorm, eating some pre-cut fruit, and falling asleep on my yoga mat on the ground. Now I have to hang up all the clothes I bought. I'm not sure I brought enough hangers to school...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Blogging is fun - if I had stuff to talk about (like you) I would totally do it.